Friday, August 16, 2024

BLOOMing with Inspiration

I'm a reader, I don't think this is a secret.  In 2022, I found myself accidentally obsessed with Colleen Hoover's books.  I'd read a few over the years, but I really got obsessed with them then.  I discovered It Ends With Us a mere few months before It Starts With Us was published.  I, of course, loved both books and was obsessively waiting for the movie to open.

I saw it last Saturday, and it didn't disappoint. I'm hoping to see it again while it's still in theatres.  I find that whenever I see a book-to-film adaptation, I have to see it more than once to really absorb it.  The first time I watch it, I'm so worried about what they cut and what they will or won't change.  I really felt that the movie did the subject matter justice.  Justin Baldoni did an amazing job and he should be very proud of himself.  I won't touch too much on anything here, but I would encourage everyone to read this fabulous book.

The protagonist's name is Lily Bloom, and she's a florist, so it inspired me to make this card.  I didn't think I was going to make something for this movie, but I haven't been able to get it out of my head.  So here it is.


The sentiment makes sense to the book readers, and probably if you've just seen the film, as well.  I layered vellum stickers to create the flower background and I am NOT a sticker person, but I have to say that all in all I LOVE how it turned out!!!

Just a few challenges:


Thanks so much for looking and happy crafting.  Laters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment