Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Post of 2013....

It's bittersweet, really.  I've changed a lot this year and I KNOW my art has changed a lot.  There have been epic ups and downs creatively but I've learned to push past slumps and to not let how anyone critiques or discusses my art define me.  I won't be discouraged and I won't give up.  (Cue Lea Michele's AMAZING cover of Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up".  Actually just go watch it!)

I thought it only fitting that my last post of the year be one that not only has a lot of special emotional meaning to me, but that my final project for the year be one inspired by the amazeballs Tim Holtz.  I think he's a big part of the reason my art has started to evolve this year. I hope that next year continues that journey.  Here's what I created for his 12 Tags December Tag Contest:


This is my mom's Christmas card.  Yep, it's a card!!  I used the technique Tim showed on his Ice Skates tag.


The fibers kind of blur because they're so shiny.  The snowflake I actually colored with Copics cause the clear wouldn't show up.


A close up of the pontsettia.  My first time using the Clearly For Art plastic.  I LOVE that stuff.


Seeee?  I made it a card!  I even put stars and inked the edges of my liner :D

Thank you everyone for looking and thanks Tim for a great year of inspiration!  See you in 2014!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the Dec. tag and a well deserved win Congrats!! and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag...the ornaments are FUN! I'm really going to have to try that Clearly For Art stuff! Congratulations on the win...well deserved. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made a lovely tag/card! Congratulations on your win x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous take on Tim's tag.
    Congrats on your win.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tag .... and I like how you've made it into a card. Congratulations on the win! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute tag card! Love it. Congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I really like how you turned the tag into a cool card. =^_^=

    ReplyDelete