Saturday, March 9, 2024

31 Days of Crafting - Day Nine - Bombshell Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARBIE!!  My favorite doll turns 65 today, and as always, I made a card to celebrate it!

I also want to note that while I have been posting birthday cards I make to honor Barbie here on my blog since 2014, I don't really know that the world made such a big deal out of "National Barbie Day" before the whole movie/speech/Kennough thing.  (Want me take on all of THAT?  Scroll to the bottom, or wait until my post on Wednesday!!)



Just a few challenges:

Thanks so much for looking and happy crafting.  Laters!!



***BARBIE PSA HERE*** As a lifelong Barbie lover, I have made the not-at-all difficult decision not to watch the movie.  It's nothing against Margot Robbie who, from what I've seen on television, plays the part--despite that RIDICULOUS SCRIPT--quite well.  She has the look and the personality to embody the doll we all grew up loving.  But that's where all the good about this movie ends.  Let us not forget too, that Greta Gerwig initially wanted that COW^ Amy Schumer to play this role!  The movie is just not what Barbie is about.  And look, it's CALLED Barbie, and yes, it features many, many, many Barbies (one of the better aspects of the film), but it's too much about Ken.  Poor Ken.  Oh get over yourself!  Women have taken a backseat to men everywhere since the beginning of time, and she goes and makes the Barbie movie about KEN?  Are you kidding me?  And then there's Gloria and her "speech".  Have any of you seen or read the speech?  It's RIDICULOUS.  It may have held some water had it been written in 1959 when Barbie was introduced, but today?  It's utterly indulgent and insulting to women everywhere!!!  I've seen women in shirts with this speech printed on it, and I just shake my head.  Do they actually agree with all that BS, or do they just support it because they think they're supposed to?  UGH I hate it.  I hate it all.

^I apologize to cows everywhere for that analogy, I think most of us would rather have a real cow in our homes than be anywhere near Amy Schumer 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

1 comment:

  1. Loving the combination of black and pink, your Barbies looks amazing and colorful. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore #121 Challenge

    ReplyDelete