Saturday, July 22, 2023

Taking Christmas in July Literally!!!

Okay, so about two weeks ago, a friend suggested everyone in our little group make a Christmas card with summer colors.

I'm the only one who did it.

I'm not even sure I LIKE the card, but here we are.


90% of my Christmas paper is, you know, Christmas colors.  The rest is pastel.  So I had to make my own background paper and I used a snowflake stamp that resembles a star.  That might be my favorite part.

In general, just a lot of things went into this card.  I just had ZERO inspiration and I didn't want, like, Santa in a swimsuit.  So I decided to make a coffee card, so it would count for that challenge too.  Now for that, it needed a star, but I love stars so that was no big deal.  But the card fell flat with just a star on the cup.  And I didn't like the look of an embossed mug, or of patterned paper (again, wrong colors anyway).  So I added the rainbow out of scraps from a different card.  Do I love it or hate it?  I don't even know.


Just a few challenges:


Thanks so much for looking and happy caffeinated Christmas crafting!!  Laters!!

7 comments:

  1. It's a great card! I especially love Christmas cards in nontraditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card!! Coffee cup and pretty colors and I'm in Awww. I'm glad you linked to the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge also. Thank you for joining us at BYSHC Christmas in. July Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out great, Lisa! I love pastels for Christmas! Thanks for playing along with the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love non traditional colors for a Christmas Card! Thanks for playing along at Caffeinated Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this came together! It's unique in it's design and colors and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you tried some "not-so-Christmasy" papers for a non-traditional Christmas card. Great way to stretch your creative muscle, Lisa! Thanks for adding your card to the {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pastels for the holidays. I think this is sweet!
    Thanks for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete