Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Spread Color - Brea Reese Brand Ambassador Post!

Happy Tuesday!!  I've got a new Brea Reese Brand Ambassador post for you today, and today I have a colorful mixed media peacock card!  I've been in a very artsy type of mood lately, and I was going to go a completely different way with this card when a friend mentioned a "marbled acrylics" technique she'd recently started doing.  Basically you scoop up Artist Acrylic Paint with a palette knife and just start spreading the colors around on regular cardstock.  I loved it from the minute I tried it.  Every single one comes out differently, and you never know how the colors are going to blend.  I wanted some shimmer so I did drip Liquid Glitter onto my paints before picking them up with the knife.  Such a cool technique!


The border piece of cardstock, I did the marbling technique on a piece of black cardstock.  The popped up accent piece that the sentiment and peacock are on was obviously blended on white cardstock.  See how all the colors blend to make new ones?  Love it!  You'll be seeing this from me again in the future!

The peacock is colored with my favorite coloring medium, Glitter Inks.  In person she just jumps off the card at you, she's so sparkly. The sentiment tag is colored with the same colors of Glitter Ink.

Be sure to check out the Artist Acrylic Paint and all the other Brea Reese products!!  Thanks so much for looking and happy crafting.  Laters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment