Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Growing In Unity Day Two - Risk Everything

Happy Tuesday!!!  It's my second day as one of the Growing In Unity girls this week, and I'm really excited to have a sort of mixed media piece to share with you.  I absolutely love Unity Stamps, and they compliment a mixed media look so well.  I made the background papers with Color Burst and watercolors and Distress Inks first, then chose the part I wanted to use for my image when they were dry.  I absolutely love this kit, Follow Your Dreams.  It's part of their Layers of Life subscription program, which I am seriously considering joining!



I also put a sentiment inside, which I don't often do, but the colors on the front and the size of the image didn't really leave me any space to add the sentiment there.

It reads: Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one can see but you


BE SURE to comment on my blog posts every day this week!  Two lucky winners will receive 25 amazing Unity stamps!  How awesome is that?!?!  If you missed my previous posts, here's an easy link to yesterday's post!

Just a few quick challenges to enter:


Thanks so much for looking and happy crafting.  Good luck in the draw!!  Laters!!!

37 comments:

  1. I love this and the colors! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa that background is gorgeous!! Love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created such a beautiful BG for the Dreamcatcher stamp. Gives it an ethereal feel. And the sentiment inside is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are perfect for the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background..... my favorite ... always different!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful and unique. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Absolutely gorgeous background you made... it's perfect for the dream catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning!!!! Love the colors and the stamp! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning!!!! Love the colors and the stamp! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning!!!! Love the colors and the stamp! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your Colorburst background! Lovely watercoloring project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your watercoloring! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving the bright, vivid colors. This card looks great. I'm with you--usually my sentiment is on the outside, occasionally I have to put them on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Lisa, your background is gorgeous!! Love the colors you used on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool background. I am learning so much from you ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the background you created. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Color Burst sounds like it would be fun to use. I may have to add that to my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great color combination! I'm seeing more and more beautiful projects made with the color bursts, and your card is no exception. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous! Love those colors amd dream catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. That is it in a nutshell. Amazingly beautiful card Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooo! That background is so beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty and artsy. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the background! Pretty color combo! Beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the background combined with the bling......makes it all come together and pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the background combined with the bling......makes it all come together and pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. gotta get me some more of those distress inks, some great techniques using them...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I commented on this beautiful card on Facebook. I just got this stamp set and am going to use this idea to make a scrapbook page for my daughter's photo and story she wrote for a Native American heritage project.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great idea for the card, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice job on the background. It goes nicely with that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's nice that you continued the background design inside on the sentiment plaque. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing background and layering. The colors you used for the sequins and cabochons are so perfect!! It puts this stamp on my wish list!! Thanks for another great share ;)

    ReplyDelete