Friday, November 3, 2023

I HAD To Make This Card

This card has been a journey.  I started it last Saturday night, probably around eleven p.m.  I had heard the news about Matthew Perry’s passing, right around when everyone else did, like nine pm or so.  If you’ve been following me for awhile, you know that Friends is my favorite show of all time and that Chandler is my favorite Friend.

I don’t think it really hit me at first.  I felt so……numb, I guess was the best word.  I really wanted to make a Batman card, but I just couldn’t find my Superhero box.  So I settled for Batman inspired.  The colors are obviously Batman inspired, and the gold pearls represent a Batman sweatshirt I saw recently with gold pearls around the outline of the insignia.  It also reminds me of the Batman shaped lights in Matthew’s pool.  The coffee theme is not only a nod to Friends but to Matthew himself.

I've worked on the card in shifts, a bit a day,  until it was finished like an hour ago.


The sentiment is 100% intentional.  I couldn't make a sympathy card, it was too soon for that.  Those words really fit what I was feeling, and am feeling, and they're still accurate today, almost a week later.

I'm sure I'll make other cards inspired by or related to this in the future.  Art is what heals us.  It's definitely what heals me.

Just a few challenges:


Thanks so much for looking, and please, those of you that love Friends too, share your favorite episodes with me in the comments.  Thank you!!  Laters!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your project and all the thought that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to a beloved person ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so elegant. What a nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Love your story behind it.

    ReplyDelete