Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Christmas Joy in July with Dies R Us!!!

Hi everyone!  Lisa here, and I'm sharing a sparkly Christmas slimline card today.  I really love Christmas in July.  It gives me an opportunity to get a jump on all the cards I'd like to make in November and December but just don't have time to get them done.  I've been wanting to play with my Birch Press Belle Ornament dies, so that's what I decided to create this card with.  I used the Ornament Basics die set as well, but it's not required to use the Belle dies.


You can see how the ornament in the center has four layers, the three Belle Ornament layers and the Basics base die as well.

Here are the dies I used to create the ornaments.  I love how you can mix and match all the elements when creating your projects.

This the only photo I took with the Pinkfresh Studios Slim Diagonal Stitched Rectangles, not sure how that happened.  I used the largest one for my patterned paper layer.  


Here I started cutting out the various pieces and layers for my baubles (that's what my aunt calls these old-fashioned shaped ornaments and it's kind of stuck with me).  I tried a mix of foil and glitter on the sides at first, but ultimately made them all glitter and mixed the two for the center ornament instead.


At this point I decided not to use the metal ornament toppers I'd cut out of foil cardstock.  I thought they were too tall for the slimline card and didn't look right.  I like the baubles just the way they are.


Lastly I took this Sizzix Tim Holtz Holiday Words die and cut JOY from the center of the red ornament layer.  I'm saving the actual center for a future project, and only used the letters.

I hope this inspires you to dive into your Christmas crafting now instead of later!  It's a ton of fun, especially when paired with Christmas music or movies.  --Lisa

Products Used:



Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  


 



 For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:

STORE

CHALLENGE BLOG

FACEBOOK

INSPIRATION BLOG

FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE


No comments:

Post a Comment