Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Pretty Perfume Bottles with Dies R Us!!!

 Good morning!!  It's Lisa again, sharing a girly perfume bottle card with you today.  These Yvonne Creations Perfume dies make me think of my grandmother.  She always had a collection of pretty bottles sitting out that she picked for the style of the bottles rather than the fragrance.


I layered the bottles onto the nesting frames from the Yvonne Creations Snowflake Rectangle die set.  I like to look at my Christmas die sets and find elements that are not Christmas-related and use them all year long.


When I first cut the bottles out, I decided I wanted to fill in all the die cut holes, so I glued them to foil cardstock with Bearly Art glue and fussy cut around them.



I'm not always sure of my layout until I start taping or gluing things together.  I was almost sure this was going to be a vertical card with a big sentiment, but I didn't like how that looked.


I wanted to share something I do when I pop up elements that not a lot of people do.  Especially when my cardstock is thin, like this silver shimmer is, I can't stand when the cardstock like dips because there's no foam tape there.  So I put foam under the entire die cut.  I just snip my pop dots to fit in the little spots.


I know it looks crazy but it makes the card look so much more polished.


I glued all these Diamond Dotz stones on one at a time.  This really shows the difference between the plain and embellished die cuts.  They make it pop.

I hope this inspires you to look at your Christmas dies and see what else can be made with them. Have a crafty day! --Lisa

Products Used:



Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  


 



 For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:

STORE

CHALLENGE BLOG

FACEBOOK

INSPIRATION BLOG

FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE


No comments:

Post a Comment