Sunday, January 26, 2014

Project Runway Challenge - Week Two

Last season (or maybe it was two seasons ago) while watching Project Runway, I thought to myself that it would be fun to create cards based on the challenges the designers work with every week.  I thought, this would be interesting.  And I started to do the projects, and then I got busy and the holidays and bam, only did it for like, three weeks.

So this year, I'm starting it over.  There's a new PR spinoff this season called Under The Gunn and already, I love it. Who doesn't love Tim?  Anyways the first week the designers had to use specific projects and I'm still working on that project, but Week 2 is done, so here it is.


This card is also my second opportunity to apply for the Hobbycutz Design Team.  The theme for this weeks' challenge is Lots of Layers, and as you can see, I paper-pieced the dress and flower with multiple layers of handmade and mulberry papers, and added shimmery and glittery accents.  This was also my first project with a new stamp set that I got for my birthday. I'm SO happy with how it turned out.


This week on Project Runway, they challenged the designers to create something that shows who THEY are as a designer.  This is who I am.  Colors, glitter, bling, a lot going on but it's all cohesive.  Artsy and feminine at the same time.  A tiny hint of vintage along with a modern flair.


I'm also going to link up to my favorite linky parties, Make It Monday and Just Be Creative Crazy.

Thank you SO much for looking and wish me luck with Hobbycutz!!  Laters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment