Wednesday, July 17, 2013

NEW Challenge With The Stamping Chef - Monochromatic OR No Coloring Allowed!!!!

Time to put those thinking caps on, crafters!!  I had to get really creative for the newest challenge at The Stamping Chef!  With digi stamps, you obviously think about COLORING!  But since the challenge was either Monochromatic or NO coloring, I wanted to jump in head first and try to NOT color my digi at all!  And I did it!!


I paper-pieced the dress and wings on my FAVORITE TSC image, Lost Fairy.  I colored and dyed the cardstock myself before gluing it on, plus I added glitter and Glaze pens for detail.  I put a rhinestone bindi and flower in her hair instead of coloring even her skin tone.  Yay me!  Plus since EVERTHING is mauvy pinks, it's monochromatic.

This card, although I love it, was a bit half-hearted for me to finish.  When I started this card I would look at the Fairy digi and smile, because she looks, to me anyway, like one of my favorite actresses from one of my favorite shows, Glee.  But you all probably know that on Saturday, one of Glee's stars died, Cory Monteith, and he was dating my aforementioned favorite actress, Lea Michele.  Doesn't the Lost Fairy look a bit like her?  So looking at it to finish the card broke my heart a little bit.

Don't forget to enter the challenge on the Stamping Chef Blog.  Thanks so much for looking.  Laters!!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, great paper piecing and love the dream sentiment.

    ReplyDelete