Sunday, June 23, 2013

With Dripping Wings

Happy Sunday everyone!  This week (well, for a few more hours) the challenge theme at Love To Create Challenge Blog is Paper Piecing!!  They're being sponsored this week by the always-awesome The Stamping Chef and I was inspired to play along.

I don't do a lot of paper piecing which kind of surprises me since I love to fussy-cut things out.  I put a lot of thought into this project and I'm really happy with it.  It's a card, though I consider it more of an art piece.  Its title is With Dripping Wings.


For the past week or so, I've constantly had the song "Tonight and The Rest Of My Life" by Nina Gordon in my head.  If you've never heard it, go here right now and hear it.  It's amazing.

Anyways, the first verse is what I chose to use on my piece.  I just love those lyrics, and I thought they fit perfectly with this amazing Stamping Chef image, Lost Fairy.



I should tell you that though it doesn't fully show up in the photo, the fairy's dress and wings are glittery.

Thanks so much for looking, have a great rest of your weekend.  Laters!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, your card is gorgeous!! Love your background papers and sentiment with her,simply beautifully designed!!

    Hugs
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete